Ethical considerations for Participants
Before you decide whether you want to take part, it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what your participation will involve. Please take time to read the following information carefully and discuss it with others if you wish. Ask us if there is anything that is not clear or if you would like more information.
Download below the Ethical consideration Information Documents
Download the Consent Form
Our general ethical guidelines and conduct
1)The study examines to explore the career opportunities and barriers faced by UK recent music graduates.
2) The project aims to recruit recent graduates (between 1 and 5 years from graduation) who graduated from HEIs with a music degree.
3) If you agree to take part in the research project, you will be contacted to arrange an interview or you will be invited to attend a focus group;
4) The results from the research project will be published in the form of a research article and book chapter; participants will be informed about the publication of outcomes and will be able to read the work published;
5) The research project will be run in complete anonymity and confidentiality. Your personal details will not be disclosed in any analysis or published work (although some personal data might be used in aggregated form i.e we might describe a focus group as including 5 graduates aged between 21 and 35 years old);
6) In compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 we will not retain or share information that is identifiable or could potentially be linked back to an individual.
7) You will not be able to withdraw any data/information you have already provided after it has been transcribed in anonymous form, anonymity will always be respected;
8) A decision to withdraw at any time from taking part, or a decision not to take part, will not affect the standard of care you receive.
8) Interviews and focus groups will be audio recorded, subject to your permission. Recordings of interviews will be deleted upon transcription.
9) If you do decide to take part you will be given this information sheet to keep and be asked to sign a consent form.